For our Client we are currently recruiting for a MEP Manager to work with a market leading Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation contractor in Europe on a permanent basis working on a large and prestigious Data Centre project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities
- As an MEP Manager you will assist in ensuring that the M&E designers produce design development programmes which meet the needs of the contract programme, and review the programmes regularly as required
- Ensuring the M&E designers identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety when designing the works
- Assist, when required, in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub-contractors
- Ensure M&E information released for construction has been reviewed by all interface designers and construction team and amended/approved prior to issue for construction and is in line with the specification/ contract
- Ensure M&E designs and details produced are economic and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without good reason and are in conformance with the specified or detailed requirements for quality
- Keep appropriate cost and installation records including the witnessing of testing and commissioning as required
- Carry out cost checks on M&E design proposals and report serious deviations to senior management immediately
- The MEP Manager will ensure that specialist mechanical and electrical sub-contractors work strictly within company Safety Management System and comply fully with all its requirements
- Assist in the production of O&M manuals on completion of the project
- Promote the use of off-site manufacturing to ensure programme and quality requirements are achieved using modern methods.
- The MEP Manager will be tasked with supporting the delivery of the Building Services Strategy Plan and objectives.
- Support all aspects of the Tender and Bid for the MEP Technical and Commercial Strategy that is carried out in accordance with the Companies Pre-Construction Manual Procedures, procurement strategy and objectives
- Ensure the process of tracking of equipment and plant from submittal approvals/samples and mockups/ordering/FAT’s/delivery and quality checks is carefully managed
- Ensure focus and recognition of key risks presenting to the project delivery by way of programme, contractual or commercial matters arising with mitigation plans in place
- 3rd level qualifications in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Has achieved professional accreditation with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineer at MCIBSE level or equivalent would be advantageous
- The MEP Manager will ideally possess 8+ years’ experience working in a similar role for a recognised construction company within Ireland, UK, or Mainland Europe
- Good understanding and dynamics of the MEP supply chain market in which the company operates
- Professional Competence through operational involvement in all phases of large-scale complex projects from Estimating, Pre- Construction, and Installation, Commissioning, Demonstration and Handover
- Can demonstrate technical, effective interpersonal and commercial skills necessary to deliver large/multiple MEP Projects
- Understanding of H&S policies and live energy practices and have positive safety values and behaviours
- Can demonstrate the drive for importance of implementation of QMS Systems, IT&P & Commissioning Management/Handover plans
To apply at the above position, send your CV to email@example.com putting “MEP Manager” in email’s title.