- One of Europe’s Leading Main Contractors with Significant Annual Turnover
- Excellent Package & Career Development Prospects
- Prestigious Projects Including Industrial, Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Commercial etc.
For our client we are presently seeking interest for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join an international market leading Main Contractor working on a number of large and prestigious projects (Pharmaceutical, Mission Critical, Industrial, Commercial etc.) with opportunities to work across Europe if you would have an appetite for same.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project or multiple projects dependant on size and complexity. You will coordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning with particular emphasis on the MV Electrical Elements of M&E projects.
This opportunity comes with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Europe’s leading construction companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing electrical design reviews to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications
- Validating cable sizing and making recommendations as appropriate
- Ensuring that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
- Compiling and issuing electrical technical submittals
- As an Electrical Engineer you will manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered
- Attending and recording regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored and maintained within the overall construction programme
- Updating and recording progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule
- As a member of the Engineering Team, you the Electrical Engineer will be tasked with reviewing the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
- Liaising with the design team and supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site and successful handover
- Completing electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings. This will also necessitate you to sign off on technical documents/supervising installation of specialist works utilising your state issued license/certificate
- Compiling test packs, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval
- The Electrical Engineer will manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works
- Undertaking client training in line with agreed training plan
- Managing the document control to ensure all relevant logs are kept up to date at all times
- Developing handover packs and test packs as required
- Evaluating the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Reviewing and answering technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials/equipment
- Working as an integral part of the commissioning process and signing off commissioning parameters where required
- Ensuring site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
- Issuing internal requisitions and ensuring all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals
- Generating all power on and isolation requests whilst liaising with testing engineer at all times
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering/Building Services Engineering
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments
- Ideally you will possess 5+ years’ experience in an Electrical Engineer position working for a recognised M&E Contractor or Main Contractor within Europe
- Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Industrial type Sector experience is preferable
- Strong technical and commercial acumen
To apply at the above position, send your CV to email@example.com putting “Electrical Engineer” in email’s title.