- Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
For our Client we are presently seeking interest for an experienced Buyer/Planner to join their team in the West of Ireland. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer/Planner will have responsibility for planning and procurement of materials and services in a lean customer focused way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere strictly to company policies and procedures
- Ensure they have an expert understanding of the products and processes within the area of responsibility
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of all the production processes and quality management systems
- Process Customer demand and follow through on sales and orders to meet targeted service levels.
- Prepare/issue weekly, monthly and quarterly production plans in line with budgeted cost
- Ensure continuity of supply of materials in a cost effective manner
- Negotiate pricing and terms for materials and services
- Liaise with quality for Vendor selections and audits
- Comply with and maintain ISO standards
- Support the purchase of consumables
- Focus on continuous improvement and department
- Monitor and Process updates to MRP system
- Ensure environmental impact of all operations is considered in relation to purchasing waste management, recycling and energy
- Comply with Environmental Health and Safety policy procedures
- Conform to the requirement of the quality and environmental management system
- Additional projects and/or ad hoc duties as required
Necessary Qualifications and Requirements:
- Level 8 degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or other similar Discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supply chain role with active involvement within a manufacturing floor, preferable in the medical device sector is desirable
- APICS/IIPIM qualifications are desirable
- A pro-active approach, with the ability to priorities and work well under pressure
- Guided by the disciplines of due diligence and compliance in all aspects of work
- To be a good team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives
- Effective communicator and influence across multi-functional teams, with the ability to manage internal and external customers’ requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Syspro, Minitab & Lotus Notes, is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis techniques to investigate and solve problems and improve quality
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
For more information about this position contact on +353 1 687 7188.
To apply at the above position, send your CV to email@example.com putting “Buyer/ Planner ” in email’s title.