- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
For our Client in Ireland we are presently seeking interest for an experienced In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor for Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland. This role will be responsible for a Cell Culture/Virology Laboratory along with a team of 2-3 Analysts.
This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth.
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Cell Culture/Virology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived according to Charles River Laboratories SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Cell Culture/Virology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
The following are minimum requirements related to the In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor position.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in the following techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA/RNA Extraction, ELISA, Western Blot, Handling of two or more cell lines) essential.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply for the above offer send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor” in email’s title