- Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
For our Client in Ireland we are presently seeking interest for an experienced Process Chemist to join our clients Technical Operations Team. In your new role, you will support the uninterrupted supply of commercial products, optimize processes, and directly manufacture APIs within a gram scale GMP facility.
Become a Process Chemist with a Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth and development towards a Senior Process Chemist and beyond.
Process Chemist Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to all relevant functional areas from a chemistry perspective.
- Develop new and innovative processes while delivering cost reductions.
- Provide technical support across a range of new products.
- Apply project management tools to support NPI projects.
- Execute the manufacture of commercial APIs within our high-potent gram scale GMP facility.
- Work closely with R&D to support technology transfer projects.
- Adhere to and supports all EHS standards, procedures, and policies.
- Work with cross-functional teams collaborating on agreed project deliverables.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- A relevant third level qualification in Organic Chemistry or related technical discipline. A firm grounding in principles of chemistry is required. While not a requirement, a Ph.D. in Organic Synthesis is desirable.
- Fluent in practical and theoretical aspects of synthetic organic chemistry
- Firm understanding of process scale-up concepts
- Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable
- Experience in a range of analytical techniques, in particular, chromatography and physical characterization
- Irrespective of years of experience, a proven track record in taking ownership of technical problems and developing safe & elegant solutions is a fundamental requirement.
To apply for the above offer send your CV to email@example.com and put “Chemist / Galway” in email’s title.