For our Client, we are currently seeking applications for a Traffic Management/Design Engineer to work on a large-scale road project in Mayo. The N5 Westport to Turlough Road Project will include the construction of 20.3km of dual carriageway from Westport to Turlough and a 2.5km single carriageway link to the N59 Westport to Mulranny national secondary road.
The Project will include the following:
- A 2.3 km upgrade of a section of the N59 at Barleyhill to a Type-3 single carriageway
- Two compact grade separated junctions including overbridges
- Six roundabouts
- Two rail bridges over the Westport to Dublin railway line
- 11 overbridges, two under bridges and seven farm underpasses
- Associated earthworks, diversion of services and realignment of existing roads
- Drainage works, landscaping and ancillary works
- A minimum of 3 years working in a Traffic and Transportation consultancy environment.
- Experience using software programs such as Linsig, Junctions 9, VISSIM is desired and or other packages like VISUM, SATURN.
- Good working knowledge of and hands-on experience with major types of technical analysis including traffic impact analysis, road safety studies, transport corridor studies, transport strategies, capacity analysis and junction design.
- Strong working knowledge of road and street design in an urban context including DMURS and the National Cycle Manual.
- Educated to degree level (level 8), preferably level 9
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes, MS Project, AutoCAD, etc
- Full driving licence.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team in a collaborative working environment.
If you are interested in the offer, apply via “Aplikuj o pracę” form or send us an email, putting “Mayo, Ireland” in email’s title.