- Top international Specialist Contractor with significant annual turnover
- Excellent package with clear scope for further career advancement
- Prestigious projects across a variety of sectors including residential, commercial, hospitality etc.
We are immediately seeking an intermediate/Project Fit out Quantity Surveyor for an international market leading Contractor to be based in Dublin working on a number of projects across various Sectors in the Dublin area. Initially you will be involved in a large, prestigious and technically challenging project that in its own right will have an expected duration of 1+ years and in-excess of €10 million.
Upon successful appoint of this job, The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the management of projects, budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
As a member of the Quantity Surveying Team the Fit out Senior Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for direction of the function in relation to relevant projects; as a result of which the QS must be commercially aware, with a high level of commitment, initiative and enthusiasm.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
1. Overall financial, contractual and legal contract of their projects
2. Close liaison with Surveying Manager or PCM
3. Knowledge & understanding of their obligations under the Contract
4. Preparation of contract budget including PEP
5. Maximise Value Recovery and cash
6. Administer Contract Records
7. Manage the Procurement function
8. Produce JCR’s and JCS’s monthly
9. Production of Loss and Expense claims with Surveying Manager / Commercial Director
10. Production and agreement of Final Accounts
11. Attend contract handover meeting
Necessary skills and requirements:
• Have a minimum of 5 years construction project management experience. • Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques and modular construction
• A minimum of a Hons Degree in a Quantity Surveying or Construction related discipline.
• Knowledge of construction methods and technology
• Knowledge & understanding measurement and valuation
• Knowledge & understanding of claims, loss & expense
• Preparation & understanding of final reports
• Knowledge & understanding of administration of contract records
• Knowledge & understanding of Final Accounts
• Knowledge & understanding of subcontract / materials orders & buying
• Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion.
• Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment